Tuesday, August 30, 2011

Well, an altered art pendant this is, which means that I took an existing image and changed it.  In this case I took a portion of an old falling apart Mother Goose book and I cut it and adhered it with Diamond Glaze to the back of a 1" glass tile, then let it dry for a few hours. Next I put a simple design on the back and sealed the pendant with Diamond Glaze and waited yet a few more hours.  The bail came next.  It was attached to the center backing with E6000, a very strong glue.  Wait some more, add a chain and voila a lovely necklace is born!
What I think is fun is that each of my pendants are unique in that I don't copy any images. I figure that there are enough images to use without having to copy them and make the same pendant over and over (not that I am adverse to that). Some of my pendants may be alike if I find a desirable wallpaper with a repeat pattern or if I have a couple copies of the same book.  My goal here is to make a reasonably priced piece of jewelry that is simple, fun, and unique. They are not works of art (I suppose I shouldn't say that), but they are made with care and the intent to be worn and enjoyed.

No comments:

Post a Comment